Monday, March 9, 2015

Sunday in Isle sur la Sorgue

Sunday the weather was absolutely perfect in every way...


...it is also the day there is the big market in Isle sur la Sorgue so I took this great bag Emmanuelle gave me
One side

Other side
walked over to the car and took off for the market.

It was totally packed with people! I think everyone was so happy to have a beautiful, sunny, windless day. Something to sing about I think.


I bought some cheese

and watched these little boys shoot bubbles out of their elephant shaped bubble guns.


I passed by this really pretty book shop on my way over to the cathedral.

You can tell there is a flavor of summertime floating around when you see the espadrilles stand. I have several pairs from the same vendor and I am sure I'll get another pair in the weeks to come! There is always a new fabric or print that they come up with. I have the red with black polka dots you see in front.

Here is a view from the steps of the cathedral...I like the yellow building which must have been a shoe factory at one time based on the sign.

I had this building pictured in an earlier post (love the royal blues shutters) and on Sunday there were plants for sale in front of it. Across from the plant stand the woman who sells sweaters had everything on sale...getting ready for summer t-shirts.


I liked these two café au lait bowls I saw in a shop window next to this great blue coffee maker Italian style! I think the coffee would taste so good!!


As I left the market I went by this stand of flowers and could not resist a photo of the huge bouquets of mimosas which are in bloom in nearby Nice! So different from the mimosa we had growing in our yard in Portland!


On Monday JC and I will be swimming pool helpers for Maya's class so I will have my next posting about the outing. I have no idea what to expect but I am sure it will be an adventure!





1 comment:

  1. I hope the swimming pool is indoors! Such nice street shots...I just saw an espresso maker so similar to the one here...(in the Pearl) and almost bought it...I looked at a fancy Nespresso maker at Sur le table...like the one you mentioned I think...but even at $100.00 off, it is a bit out of range for me...but not a $3.00 latté after class:) Have fun swimming with the kiddies!

    ReplyDelete