Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Toutes sortes de choses....

Well, I have been pretty busy here working on the Pocahontas/Sacagawea costume. The fringe took the longest but it was all pretty fun. I'll post a photo whenever I can get our little native american to stand still enough! Well here is a shot en passant!
Of course there is always a market somewhere and JC and I happened upon the one in Bedoin on Monday which is very pretty. It started to get pretty windy and some umbrellas were getting ready to take off for the sky
Here is the view from the parking area which was full of cars and people going to and coming back from the market with baskets and bags.
I think this pottery is such a colorful way to come into the market...I am crazy about color anyway.


 Brand new asparagus and artichokes...we had some of these asperges the other night...Anton passed on them however!
Here you see all varieties of artisan made soap...smells so good!

Walking the market made us a bit hungry (we got there close to noon and the place packs up at 12:30) so we drove through some little towns and ended up in Mazan where we had lunch with this for dessert:

It was warm, sweet...yes, you are right French toast!!! It is called "pain perdu" or lost bread! Who knew you could serve that for dessert! Look out back home!

Today we had dessert after a great lunch at Côteaux et fourchettes near Cairanne:


This is a bavaroise au mangue...a mango cake with sorbet in lemon/lime. Can you believe how pretty the presentation is? I can tell you it was absolutely marvelous followed by a very nice little café!

Okay, so you are thinking all they are doing is going around and eating...not true! Here are some new Italian books I just got:
Yes...I have been reviewing my Italian phrases...we leave for Rome in less than a week after all...see, here is proof:
Yup...that's me!!! My Italian is okay, the legs not so much sigh! I think it may be an optical illusion????
Tomorrow is May Day in France...a holiday so nothing is open. I guess that means more Italian for me and maybe Anton will barbecue something for us too...
cooperative set up of the new barbecue!!
Well...I am off to bed so I wish you all bonne nuit!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the market! It would be so hard for me to be there...I'd want to buy everything and then have no way to bring it all home. The fresh veggies, honey, soap...*sigh*...wish we could figure that out here in America! LOVE the costume you made! And I think I just gained 10 pounds looking at your desserts. I tell you what, the French could make coco puffs look like a masterpiece! It looks awesome, your trip. I'm living vicariously through you so keep it coming! And I wish I were there working on Italian with you! You going to hit all the big monuments in Rome? Can't wait to see the apt you rented. Looks like you're having such a great time. Miss you guys tons but love seeing your photos! xoxoxo Megan

    ReplyDelete