Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day

This morning I got a Skype call from Maya to tell me how many days left until we get to see her!
This card shows you a bit how I feel as we buckle down everything here for a while!!!




The suitcases are packed now in the sewing studio but still some bits and pieces to put into them! I also have some Italian books and dictionaries to take along since I want to join an Italian class when we get to Carpentras but I hear we will be assisting in the swimming classes at the preschool so I might need to rest up!

Yesterday I had the great pleasure of visiting with my good friend Sharon. There is always something interesting to learn from her. She writes eco thrillers and short stories among other activities. We had coffee and bagels but while our attention was elsewhere Ruby, the dog, swiped the remainder of each of our bagels. She was very happy and satisfied with her heist!
Sharon brought out this exquisite Native American doll with what looks like real hair and a darling papoose. I was enthralled by the dolls eyes and expression and the beautiful color and warmth of her face. She really made an impression on me!




Later that evening we got to have a delicious dinner prepared not by me! Chris and Chuck hosted us for this delectable carrot/ginger soup à la française along with other yummy things. So nice to be fed by good friends when the fridge has become bare bones. Merci mes amis!!!

I love the soup bowls. When you finish your soup there is a charming cabanon (little cabin) peeking out at you.

Today I was out in the back trimming strawberry plants and generally doing a bit of a spruce up. It is still so mild here and all the plants, including some of our raspberries, are beginning to send out little buds. I hope they are safe.

Hope you had a nice Valentine's Day and I will see you back here soon...take off is Tuesday! A bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment