Tuesday, February 17, 2015

En route!

Today is Mardi Gras and I will spend the day in travel. Right now it is almost 6 am and I am at the Portland airport in front of this unusual wood carved clock. When the clock strikes a free range chicken comes out of the door at the bottom! Only in Portland!




Bigfoot is reading a book on the left and "Portlandia" is reaching out. A fellow is toasting travelers with a mug of beer up on top and a women is commuting on a bike. I really like this airport and it's actually kind of fun to be here longer waiting for a flight.

You know you are in Portland because there are food carts all over the airport!
Pok pok is not open at 5:45 a.m.

They are changing the carpet from this blue version

 to a new green version (my photo does not do justice to the green it is really quite nice)


slightly different and it is a big deal...they are even selling "carpet themed" things at the Made in Oregon store.
Notice the old carpet designs on the t-shirts, socks even beer bottle labels? Portlanders love their airport carpet! This is really such a neat place to be.

In my neighborhood spring has been showing signs of arrival. Back by our driveway my mini daffodils are in bloom...just in time to say Bon voyage!


I had a latte and scone after exercise class yesterday with Nita and Margaret...last one for quite a while! Looks tasty right? I will miss the exercise and this!


Speaking of tasty...last evening Nancy and Ed fed us dinner....DELICIOUS Northwest Cioppino....Miami miam. Merci, merci! This is all that was left! Two mussels and a clam!


Wine of course too and mango sorbet for dessert!

We spent the night near the airport since we had to be at the airport by 4:15 am!!! Yes...that IS a bit early but we live on the West Coast right? JC is winging his way east already and I will join him later at Charles De Gaulle airport in Paris. Then it will be on to the TGV et hop!! Avignon!

As I waited for my flight I had the chance to stroll around the airport and catch the beautiful display of textile art from my fiber group High Fiber Diet (oui!)...it is in concourse B and worth the trip...I do not have a piece in this collection but they are really well chosen pieces for this long hallway.




It was a splendid morning in Portland and I caught some wonderful shots of snow covered Mt. Hood on the way up into the sky! Here is one with all the Washington mountains in the background.


Have a good Mardi Gras and make some of those good crepes with plenty of jam!
A bientôt ! Next time I write it will be a very different time zone !

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful shot of Mt. Hood...I was just going through the photos from your last trip and came across your blog...so fun.

    ReplyDelete