Thursday, June 11, 2015

Last day in Nice

Happy Birthday Adam Paris!!! Hope you have a nice day.

I will continue the stroll through Nice and spots from JC's childhood. Just a few more pictures to share from this visit.

I rather liked the various design ideas seen in these structures. This first photo is actually from the front door of where JC's grandmother lived on rue Halevy!!

Some pretty balconies...


This colorful display was set out in front of one of the beach boutiques along the rue pietonnière. Kind of an interesting way to use fabric...one of the dresses is painted lace.

A sign near the beach...very nice I think...also good for the beach! I love how the cigarette is speaking to the beachball!

These umbrellas were set up so artistically...almost like choppy waves or something. You can see the pebbly beach next to the fence. Those chairs are pretty much necessary to be able to be comfortable on the beaches of Nice. You should try and walk on them barefoot...not a soft massage!


A huge chair sculpture which looked 3D from the distance and when we got up close to it we saw that it was flat, painted metal.

A bit further down the Promenade I was surprised to see this statue. Well, she IS a French girl after all!

Since I am collecting photos of Deux chevaux in various shades you can imagine how happy I was to see this red one parked just outside of our hotel!

We rode a small train up to the park above Nice where the chateau is located. We had done enough walking for the day! Driving next to us was this little jeep with an older lady in gold jeans as the driver. I thought she looked very "côte d'azur!" There is JC's school behind the palm trees too!

The view of Nice from the hilltop. I like the decorative palm trees along the street. Lots of people on the beach and swimming. The color of the water is so incredible...I am not sure to be able to duplicate it in a photo. It just makes you want to jump in! Well, not from way up here but....

In the evening on the Place Massena these semitransparent statues change color slowly. They are located around the square. Modern art wrapped in something much older. I remember standing here as a college student visiting from Aix for the Carnaval but with only the one statue in the fountain! How about the moon up there??!!


On our last night in Nice we dined in the fishing harbor on the other side of the city. Dinner was in a restaurant called Les Pecheurs serving freshly caught seafood. The place was crowded. I think this picture looks a bit like a postcard if I say so myself!!! The light was just perfect and so "rosy."


The quotation on the menu...

 JC's choice....bar rôti en paupiette...

The next day we drove back to Pernes. (I think JC had a very nice return visit to all his childhood spots!) 
Here is a a view of the early blooming lavender field on the road to Venasque. Do you notice the different shades of lavender in the same field? I was not the only person taking pictures it really looked so striking!

The heat has been intense and we could see these huge clouds gathering in the sky.


They looked to me like the clouds painted on the ceilings of the churches in Rome...all we needed were some cherubs or angels peeking out from the white folds! We did get a good, noisy thunderstorm later and things have cooled down a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment